Clothing Swap Guildelines
If you have any questions or comments, please email Kim Bellemere at email@example.com.
On Sunday, April 11th Eco-Parents will host a free Children's Clothing Swap at the Douglas Co. Fairgrounds, Bldg. 2. The swap will take place from 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM with early check-in starting at 12:30.
This will be an opportunity for you to bring in old clothes that your children have out-grown or simply can't wear and exchange them for something else. The success of this event depends on having enough clothes and everyone bringing in their old items to swap. We really encourage you to dig through your closets and find some good things. The swap starts at 1:00 but you can come at 12:30 to check-in. When checking-in we will count the number of items you bring and give you that number of "tickets" which will be your swap currency. At 1:00 you can start shopping. When you are done simply bring your selected items and tickets to the check out. We'll verify that you are leaving with the same number of items you came with and you can go. If you would like to shop but don't have anything to swap, we wil sell items for a nominal fee ($1.00 - 2.00) All proceeds will be used to offset costs for the event. While waiting to shop, those people who check-in early can look over handouts/materials from local environmental and children's agencies.
While this swap is free, we will accept donations at the door to help cover the cost of the event. A $1.00 per person donation is suggested.
Here are the rest of the rules:
1. This is a one-to-one swap. In other words, if you bring in 3 items you can exchange them for three other items. If you bring in items but don't see anything you would like to take, you must still leave what you have brought.
2. All items must be in CLEAN, wearable condition. They don't have to be perfect but they do need to be appropriate to wear to school. In other words, please don't bring anything you wouldn't let your own child wear. If we determine that an item is not in good enough condition to swap, you may either take it back home with you or leave it on the free table at the entrance. It will not count as part of your swap total.
3. Small items like socks and underwear can be put in quart sized ziplock bags and will count as one item. Again, please only bring items that are clean and in good condition. All items (other than those in bags) will count as one ticket regardless of size.
4. We will only take boys and girls clothing and shoes - infant sizes through teens. No old toys, strollers, or other baby gear.
5. All items left at the end of the day will be donated to an area community center, school, or other non-profit (Penn House, SSL, etc.). You may not come back to retrieve your old items.
Also - we are looking for CLOTHING DONATIONS and VOLUNTEERS! If you don't think you can attend but have clothes you are willing to donate, email Eco-Parents and we'll make arrangements to pick them up. We want to have a good selection there for people to choose from. We will also need people to help out the day of the swap. If you are interested, please email. In exchange for volunteering, you will be able to swap your items the day before the event, before the doors open on the 11th, and through out the event. We will need people there starting at 11:30 to help set up and check people in, to help direct "traffic", and to help tear down after the event.
Please email if you have any questions. Happy Swapping!