We've listed the guidelines for the Spring Children's Clothing Swap!
Don't forget, it's on Sat., April 9th from 1:00 - 3:00 at Faith Church, 1020 Kasold, Lawrence, KS.
For those of you who haven't been to our clothing swaps before, this is a great opportunity to bring in clothes that your children have outgrown and exchange them for something "new". In the past we've had some fabulous items - Hannah Anderson dresses, Gap jeans, even snow pants. Spread the word - more people means more clothes to chose from!
The event starts at 1:00 but you can come at 12:30 to check-in. When checking-in we will count the number of items you bring and give you that number of "tickets" which will be your swap currency. At 1:00 you can start shopping. When you are done simply bring your selected items and tickets to the check out. We'll verify that you are leaving with the same number of items you came with and you can go. If you would like to shop but don't have anything to swap, we will sell tickets for a nominal fee ($1.00 - 2.00) All proceeds will be used to offset costs for the event.
While the swap is free to participants, it isn't free to host. We are requesting a $1.00 per person donation at the door to help offset the costs of the event.
Here are the rest of the rules:
1. This is a one-to-one swap. In other words, if you bring in 3 items you can exchange them for three other items. If you bring in items but don't see anything you would like to take, you must still leave what you have brought.
2. All items must be in CLEAN, wearable condition. They don't have to be perfect but please don't bring items that have obvious stains, holes, or are very shabby. If an item isn't in good enough condition to wear to school (or Grandma's house), you shouldn't bring it. If we determine that an item is not in good enough condition to swap, you may either take it back home with you or leave on the free table. Any items not accepted will not count as part of your swap total.
3. Small items like socks and underwear can be put in quart sized ziplock bags and will count as one item. Again, please only bring items that are clean and in good condition. All items (other than those in bags) will count as one ticket regardless of size.
4. We will only take boys and girls clothing and shoes - infant sizes through teens. No maternity wear, old toys, strollers, or other baby gear.
5. All items left at the end of the day will be donated to an area community center, school, or other non-profit (Penn House, SSL, etc.). You may not come back to retrieve your old items.
Also - we are looking for clothing donations and volunteers! If you can't attend but have clothes you are willing to donate, please email and we'll make arrangements to pick them up. We want to have a good selection for people to choose from. We will also need people to help out the day of the swap. If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com. In exchange for volunteering, you will be able to "shop" before the doors open on the 9th and throughout the event. We will need people there starting at 11:00 to help set up and check people in, to help direct "traffic", and to help tear down after the event.
We hope to see everyone there with armloads of clothes!!